My hometown of Tupelo, MS


Tupelo, Ms 


      The place that I call home and was born and raised in is the city of Tupelo, Ms .Tupelo is most famous for being the Birthplace of Elvis Presley. It is also home to many other famous people such as the famous rap group called Rae Sremmurd and Dj Diplo. Some Professional athletes born in the City of Tupelo can include Bill Hall, Joe Horn, Brandon Woodruff, and Dusty Hughes, an old coach of mine.

                                                  

     The city of Tupelo was incorporated in 1866. It is located in Northeast Ms and currently holds an estimated population of 38,300. It is the sixth largest city in Mississippi so that tells you where it stands size wise.It was the first city to receive power from the Tennessee Valley Authority, giving it the nickname “The First TVA City”. That is a huge accomplishment for a city in Mississippi.


    One good thing about Tupelo is that it continues to grow over time. They are building new restaurants for it left and right as not too long ago they got a Raising Canes. They were once Popular for a restaurant called Bonanzas steakhouse ,which no longer is there.Vergia Crayton, long time resident said, “I really miss Bonanzas. I enjoyed eating there on Sundays with family and friends.” Bonanzas played a huge part in my childhood. Me and my family would go and eat here almost every Sunday after church. I truly miss that place and the memories that I made there will forever stick with me.



     There are also a lot of unique things about the city of Tupelo. They have the largest public high school in Mississippi which is Tupelo High School. They have the Cadence Bank Arena,which holds 10,000 people and it is the largest multipurpose indoor arena in Mississippi. There is the Buffalo Park that you can visit as-well. Then of course they have Elvis Presley’s birthplace ,a museum dedicated to him and the church he went to all in one area. If you ever make a trip to Tupelo you have to visit this place. Graceland , the home of Elvis Presley’s, is also located in Memphis, TN which is only an hour and 30 minutes from Tupelo. So if you you’re a big Elvis fan you will enjoy visiting that too.



       With Tupelo high school being the largest public school in Mississippi they are very well off in sports. Tupelo is the place to be if you want to win in highschool sports.One thing I like about Tupelo is how well the community comes together for sports. They really show a lot of support towards the players and sports there. When the community can come together that is always a good thing. Jastein Connor, Former Tupelo football player said,” When I played football for Tupelo the support from the city was amazing. Knowing that I had people behind me made me go harder.”



     After all, I only lived in Tupelo until I was 9 years old but I still go back and visit there every other weekend and for special occasions. I know that may not seem like a long time but Tupelo is still home to me and my family. Majority of my family resides here and growing up here has a major influence on the person I am today. I've made many lifelong memories here and couldn't have asked for a better place to grow up in. I will forever rep the city of Tupelo wherever I go.




 Bibliography


Wikimedia Foundation. (2023, February 19). Tupelo, Mississippi. Wikipedia. Retrieved February 23, 2023, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupelo,_Mississippi


Sportspeople from Tupelo, Mississippi - Famousfix.com List. FamousFix.com. (n.d.). Retrieved February 23, 2023, from https://m.famousfix.com/list/sportspeople-from-tupelo-mississippi 

Wikimedia Foundation. (2023, February 19). Tupelo, Mississippi. Wikipedia. Retrieved February 23, 2023, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupelo,_Mississippi


Lisa Graves. (2023). https://styleblueprint.com/everyday/24-hours-fun-tupelo-mississippi/. Retrieved February 26, 2023, from https://styleblueprint.com/everyday/24-hours-fun-tupelo-mississippi/. 

Elvis Presley birthplace.(2023, February 26).Https://Elvis Presleybirthplace.com/connect/.https://elvispresleybirthplace.com/connect/

 

Popular posts from this blog

Ja Morant is suspended after displaying gun on instagram live

How Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in 1947 went

Jalen Hurts in question for Contract extension by Eagles after stellar Super Bowl performance